Friday, October 22, 2010

Morgen Tur - A Morning Trip

(Yes, I am surreptitiously trying to teach you Norwegian)

The other morning, as I was partaking of my usual routine of doing a little work while drinking my coffee, Karl was messing about on deck and running the engine (which is good practice to keep it in shape over the winter). I wasn't sure what he was up to, but didn't think too much of it as he's been doing lots of boat projects.  He then stuck he head below and asked, "Do you want to have a look?" I figured I come on deck to see some project underway, but low and behold we were in the middle of the bay! I was momentarily discombobulated. Then that wonderful sense of freedom welled up in me, like it can with a boat such as Sophia, and far off places filled my mind.

Alas, it was only a short trip (tur) out of the bay on this beautiful morning. We returned to our new slip, where we'll remain for the winter.

Scenes from our tour in the bay

Fall colors and lichen on the islets at the mouth of the bay

Hmm, this boat seems to be low in the water?!?
A clever "conversion" for a liveaboard

No comments:

Post a Comment